Wednesday 15 February 2017

Careers week!

So I yesterday I went back to work, and over my month off work I have managed to grow out my nails. My hands now look tidy and feminine (I hope). And yet yesterday I realised that having decent nails makes me completely useless! I am unable to do anything with my hands! I can't press down the options on the lids for hot drinks, or open bags of chicken. It made my job harder but it was entertaining. The return to work certainly was interesting, but the less said about that the better.

Today I actually took part in careers week, rather than sitting at home and planning essays. It was so so nice to see three years worth of students represented by the crowd that gathered today. It was a really lovely atmosphere and there were a good range of talks and activities today. I went to a workshop on dissertations, and oh my god was it helpful! I feel so much less anxious about it now, and I'm really excited about getting started! The masters degree talk, however, was a different story. I feel like there is a lot to think about, personally, surrounding a decision on that. I find myself needing to find an action plan, rather than a decision.

What am I doing now? I am spending the evening with Austen, rereading Pride and Prejudice in order to plan for my essay. Studying Austen only seeks to give me a reason to reread her novels again, and again. I love it! I have index tabs ready.

Anyway, today saw Philip Pullman's announcement of a follow on book to His Dark Materials! I am so excited for this! But it seems to be neither a prequel nor a sequel- instead, Pullman is referring to the follow up as an 'equel'. I cannot wait to be reunited with Lyra, in October with The Book of Dust. I hope that the cover is as beautiful as some of the His Dark Materials covers.

I hope you're all having a lovely week.

I'll be back soon, folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment