Thursday 2 February 2017

February; another reading list that I won't complete...

Afternoon folks. I am currently sat at university and I am surrounded by stacks of Shakespeare books. I was sat on the floor in the library this afternoon in the search of new books and have checked out so many books that my back hurts to carry them. I have enjoyed an afternoon of reading about Jacobean courts and King James. Though many of you may presume I'm being sarcastic, I'm not! I'm actually finding Shakespeare pretty interesting and have had a playlist full of Bryan Adams to get me through it. I'm really excited about this module. Having studied Webster's Duchess of Malfi before, I'm dead excited to study it again later on in the module.

I've been working on a post focused on anxiety all day, but it is taking a while and I am spending a good amount of time on it in order to do it justice. But right now all I wanted to do is read Caraval. I am now a good hundred pages in and I love it so far. The characters are wonderful and engaging. I was reading The Night Circus this time last year and whilst Caraval reminds me of that, I think it is easier to follow and there is more of a mystery. It is so unpredictable and I like that.

Anyway, I thought that since we had started a new month that I would make another to be read list for me not to follow. I have the best of intentions when I start these lists, I'm always really determined to actually start and finish them. Okay, obviously I wanted to finish Caraval so I don't think we'll include that in the list.


1. The Journals of Sylvia Plath
2. We have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
3. Replica by Lauren Oliver
4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
5. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
6. Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates
7. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
8. The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter

Then, of course, there is the pile of books I have to read for university. I have Robinson Crusoe to finish this week but I'm enjoying it after discussing it in my first seminar.

I'm going to try and post some more regular reviews as I go along. I'll be back later, I'm going to treat myself to a bath and a couple of hours with Caraval. I hope you guys are having a great day.










No comments:

Post a Comment